With new trends and technologies emerging every day, creating productive and interactive courseware for organizations can be quite challenging. Right from understanding the goals to collaborating with the instructors, from strategic planning to developing intuitive publications, the Courseware development process involves a lot of complexities.
So here are the six important steps in a technical publication that simplify these complexities:
- Planning and Analysis: This phase helps the instructor and development specialist to understand the needs of the employee or trainees, the objective of the course, and preparing proposals.
- Design Phase: A comprehensive and instructional design is the foundation of a high-quality course. In this phase, the developer works closely with the instructor to establish a framework for the course, develop technical publications, and thereby align the outcomes. Further, the developer will also assist in writing the course outcomes, define the structure, and evaluate the success of specific approaches. The high precision fields such as military, commercial aviation and aerospace require detailed outline of specific methods, tools, and techniques.
- Development Phase: During this phase, the developer starts creating and curating the written procedures and illustrations. Additionally, this stage involves two broader scopes of activities:
- Media Development, which includes written technical manuals, 2D or 3D illustrations, interactive video sessions, and other learning pieces.
- Content Development includes writing and revising content storyboards, reviewing instructional design, and developing any supporting instructional content.
- Quality Assurance: Quality Assurance is the process of reviewing the entire courseware in order to identify any errors, typos, or other glitches in the embodied illustration. The developing team will also review the Instructional design, technical aspects, quality of the content, and accuracy of replicated systems.
- Implementation Phase: During this stage, the developer will build the actual course site and deliver it to the organization. In accordance with the accessibility guidelines of the organization, the developer will also build web pages or written manuals of the course.
- Evaluation Phase: Evaluation plays a significant role in the entire course development and delivery process. In this phase, the valuable feedback of the employees/trainees is gathered by conducting a course evaluation program or a learner-feedback survey.
Taking a look at several procedures and turning them into interactive and informative pieces is not an easy task. Therefore, it’s always better to seek professional help. Here, Sonovision is an expert technical publication provider that offers its services to defense, airlines, and other industries around the globe.